Blue Mountain Swallowtail from Indonesia -- Papilio ulysses
Native to Indonesia, Australia, Papua New Guinea, and the Solomon Islands, this wonderful butterfly uses structural color within its wing scales to create a brilliant blue coloration. The wing scales reflect back the blue wavelengths of light, but do not contain their own pigment.
- One gorgeous real Blue Mountain Swallowtail butterfly specimen
- Pendleton, Oregon handmade poplar wood frame, sanded and stained, with a lifetime hand rubbed polyurethane finish
- Double glass shadowbox for viewing the specimen from front and back
- Sawtooth hanger on back for wall mounting
- Laser engraving on back to show the uniqueness of this handmade item
- Frame outside dimensions approximately 7.5 inches x 7.5 inches
- Select from a dark or naturally stained wood frame
**Frames are on a special order basis. If not in immediate stock, they may take up to a fortnight to ship based on specimen availability. Specimens are rehydrated, spread, dehydrated, sealed into the frame with love, and shipped.