Menelaus Blue Morpho -- Morpho menelaus
A smaller species of Morpho from South America, with a unique blue iridescence that makes it special from other Morpho species.
This amazing species uses structural color in the wing scale geometry to create a stunning iridescent blue. Adjusting the viewing angle also changes the shade of blue just slightly. The wing scale reflects back these blue wavelengths of light, while absorbing other wavelengths.
- Five gorgeous, real Morpho Menelaus butterfly specimens displayed in a playful mix
- Pendleton, Oregon handmade poplar wood frame, sanded and stained, with a lifetime hand rubbed polyurethane finish
- Double glass shadowbox for viewing the specimens from front and back
- Sawtooth hanger on back for wall mounting
- Back is heat branded with our Company Logo, and signed to show the uniqueness of this handmade item
- Frame outside dimensions approximately 9.5 inches x 15.5 inches
- Select from a dark or naturally stained wood frame
**Frames are on a special order basis. If not in immediate stock, they may take up to a fortnight to ship based on specimen availability. Specimens are rehydrated, spread, dehydrated, sealed into the frame with love, and shipped.