Big Poplar Sphinx Moth EGGS -- LIVE Moth eggs
Big Poplar Sphinx Moth EGGS -- Pachysphinx occidentalis
***Available for pre-order. Shipping in late June and July.
****SHIPPING to WA, OR, AZ, ID, UT, NV, and WY
****FIRST CLASS Shipping okay with this species.
****PLEASE place all egg orders separately. If there are two species ordered, that should be two SEPARATE orders. This is because different species fly at different times, and eggs will ship separately. Thank you :)
The LARGEST sphinx moth in the Pacific Northwest. Caterpillars get huge and consume large quantities of leaves. Adults are on the wing May - July in our region.
This species is relatively disease resistant when kept in clean conditions as a caterpillar with LOTS of food available. A great beginner species! With that said, sleeving outside on live willow or cottonwood is the best for caterpillar health. We've found that these caterpillars can be particularly sensitive if there isn't enough food always available.
- You will receive ten (10) Big Poplar Sphinx Moth eggs per order
- Eggs will hatch about a week and a half after they are laid by the female.
- We guarantee live eggs, and check for egg fertility by keeping some reserve ova.
- Make sure that your mail arrives in a cool location, or that someone is there to meet them on arrival. (Eggs can cook in the sun, and we only refund if our reserve eggs don't hatch)
- Caterpillars will need plenty of leaves to munch on after hatching. They feed on various species of willow and cottonwood.
General Directions for working with eggs: Raising Caterpillars From Eggs
- If you have additional questions, please email. We will do our best to reply to questions as time permits. Please be patient, as we're busy rearing large quantities of hungry caterpillars all season, and sometimes will be out collecting for days at a time too.